Any problems which I’ve encountered and resolved while administering Linux that can easily be identified by an error message, I post here. Generally, searching for an error message with Google is often the way I start the debugging process. This index is my attempt to add to the sum of Linux debugging knowledge, if I possibly can.
List of error messages
- Cisco AnyConnect: “Unable to establish VPN”
- Mongo Error “couldn’t initiate : can’t find self in the replset config”
- mongodump error – assertionCode: 10057, errmsg: “db assertion failure”
- PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
- rndc ‘notify’ failed: unexpected end of input” in BIND